|Date Posted:||Jan 10, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 18, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 – 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan: Founded: Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increasing transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan. Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, and Nangarhar Provinces of Afghanistan. Integrity Watch also works in several other provinces through its local partners.Over the last decade, Integrity Watch’s work has focused on three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy.Ever since its establishment, Integrity Watch has tried to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work has included the development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing, and training communities to monitor public services, education and health, as well as construction projects. So far, more than 2308 public services sites have been monitored by 4844 volunteers.Our current research work is focused on the health and education sector as well as aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.The aim of our advocacy work has been to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledge-based decision-making and informed public debate on governance and integrity issues. Our advocacy work includes the facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We have engaged in policy advocacy for issues that communities experience on a day-to-day basis while trying to hold the government and service providers accountable. Our current thematic focus is on aid effectiveness, the education and health sectors as well as broader governance issues.Overall, Integrity Watch has proven itself throughout the years as the lead anti-corruption organization both at the local and the national level. In addition, Integrity Watch has also earned international recognition and has contributed to the global fight against corruption through knowledge sharing and joining coalitions working on global integrity and anti-corruption agendas.
The advocacy officer-health transparency shall be responsible to advocate and lobby with the relevant stakeholders to improve public participation in the health sector and find solutions to the problems identified by volunteers of community monitoring of health facilities. In addition, the officer will be responsible to conduct small scale research on policy issues in the Afghan public health sector as well as deliver trainings and hold conferences and workshops.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Advocacy for public participation in the health sector
– Develop and implement an advocacy plan for public participation in the health sector.
– Identify and develop good relation with stakeholders in government, Donors, CSOs, and related actors.
– Organize trainings, conferences and workshops in Kabul and provinces
Small scale research and policy advocacy
– Advocate for findings of the community monitoring of the public health centres at provincial, national and global levels.
– Monitor policy issues of the public health sector including aid, public health budget, regulation of the private health centres, etc. and advise the health circle within the organization about the potential courses of actions
– Develop policy/advocacy briefs in coordination with the education circle on various issues related to the public health and aid effectiveness
– Translate and or provide quality assurance to documents in English, Dari and/or Pashto
– A Bachelor degree in public health policy, public administration or any other relevant field is required. Master degree will be preferred
– 2-3 years of working experience in the public administration. Work experience in health sector is preferred
– Excellent research and writing skills
– Experiences of event management and conducting workshops and conferences
– Ability to translate documents in English Dari and/or Pashto
– Excellent computer skills of Ms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook
– Result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines
– Willing to work overtime if requested by Integrity Watch management
– Ability to follow instructions
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: [email protected] In the e-mail subject line please write “Advocacy Officer-Health Transparency “and your name.
The deadline for application is 18 January 2022. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received.