|Date Posted:||May 20, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jun 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW): Founded: The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the various transportation infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and its relevant drainage and retaining/protection structures in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient, and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from the development Budget for the Ministry of Public Work (MoPW)
Scope of Work/Job Summary:
MoPW is looking to recruit an Avalanche control specialist with extensive experience in this capacity. The candidate is responsible to check the general situation, identify the avalanche, and evaluate the collected information and timely instructions to the relevant departments. And control the avalanche in vulnerable points at the country level and monitor the implementation of programs and operations and provide the necessary guidance to the affected management to achieve the goals of the department and cooperate with the control department and obtaining reports of vulnerable areas to carry out activities from provincial operation management departments having through the understanding of GIS software where he/she is responsible for building and maintaining GIS databases and utilizing the GIS software. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the international and local design and construction codes/regulations/standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan and arrange the annual work plan of the department of vulnerable points and submit it to the head of the relevant department for approval.
• Arranging work and operation plans to implement the administration goals.
• Controlling and monitoring the implementation of operations and how to perform the tasks assigned to the affected management in accordance with the plan.
• Providing technical and professional advice on avalanche control and automatic devices and technical operations of relevant departments.
• Monitoring the implementation and development of technical and educational courses in the metrological departments and avalanche control by the relevant departments.
• Management, leadership, and control of the affected sectors in order to coordinate the assigned tasks.
• Control and monitoring of the implementation of the goals and programs of the relevant department in the center and provinces.
• Request the annual budget of the relevant directorate in accordance with the common rules and procedures and submit it to the senior expert of vulnerable points in order to prevent the failure of work affairs.
• Assist the Project Team to develop a methodology for data collection;
• Review existing databases related to Avalanche and Vulnerable points in Afghanistan and conduct a gap analysis;
• Digitizing of specific points, locations using google maps, Topo sheets (scale maps), one-inch maps and any other sources including satellite images;
• Develop base maps that can be used at the MPW level to locate points and locations.
• Scan and geo-reference field maps (base maps) and edit layer with field data;
• Review database (survey data) and develop layer with survey data – Create GIS database;
• Conducting technical and professional training in order to improve the work capacity of the department employees.
• Assist in the provision of long-term goals for the MPW on road safety and disaster management.
• Assist in establishing a proper and strategic structure for the MPW for the implementation of road safety.
• Illustrate a comprehensive roadmap for the MPW for the implementation of road safety.
• Perform other duties and directed by the competent authority in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the MPW.
Skills & Competencies:
• Able to analyze survey reports, maps, technical drawings, and other topographic data
• Ability to work independently and accept responsibility as part of a team
• Familiarity with local, regional and international standards, including the standards of the Ministry of Public Works, IRC, AASHTO, ASTM;
• Excellent verbal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Must be aware of mechanisms, materials, and road construction machinery.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and demonstrate leadership in management and working with different teams.
• Strong theoretical background and substantive experience in all phases of technical administration and capacity development;
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
• Establish and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support.
• good computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheets, database, and computer-aided management (GIS, MS Office).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering or other related filed, preference is given to masters in the relevant field
• At least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Identify hazards and their types in vulnerable areas.
• Familiarity with avalanche areas.
• Basic knowledge of the standard practice of road engineering:
• Basic experience working with traffic survey equipment as necessary.
• Able to travel to remote areas all over Afghanistan, collect required data, and work as part of a team.
• Physical fitness and able to travel and complete inspection procedure
• CV with an application form for the relevant positions;
• Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera) or Passport copy;
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract
• Copy of other documents seems to be necessary.•
Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to [email protected], kindly indicate the vacancy number (MOPW/SRTAP/1400-45) and the post title (Avalanche Control Specialist) in the subject line when applying by email to the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Office Add: SRTAP Office, Kabul Jalalabad Road, In front of KMTC, Ministry of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified