|Date Posted:||Jan 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About World Vision International : Founded: World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
This is a full-time, Cash Officer position based in the Herat province with regular travels to IDP camps. The officer will be responsible for all cash-distribution related activities under WVK funded project. In addition, he will assist project coordinator in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of the cash assistance delivery in selected locations of Herat province. Working under the leadership of project coordinator and guidance of Senior Zonal Manager and Cash and GIK manager, the cash officer will create distribution plan, deliver cash assistance, maintain relationship with stakeholders and provides technical assistance to the entire process. The cash officer will also provide supervision to community based staff for implementing the cash distribution component of the project to the respective operation areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Program planning and Coordination
- Register the project cash component on the MoEc appropriate online systems as directed by supervisor.
- Conduct coordination meeting with the steering committee and maintain close field coordination with project’s cash related stakeholders.
- Develop cash distribution plan for the project teams to Initiate and manage the beneficiary registration, verification and scoping processes.
- Ensure the compliance of WVA Child Protection Policy and Child Participation risk mitigation procedures during the planning and implementation of the project in particular for the cash component of the project.
- Supervise the project staff effectively and efficiently to ensure that all project activities and cash distributions are coordinated and implemented on time.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the planning and implementation of the project.
- Travel regularly to all project sites to ensure proper implementation and quality of project activities.
- Conducting awareness raising and messaging for affected beneficiaries on the cash assistance activity as per need.
- Participate in weekly/ monthly zonal meetings and provide initiative feedbacks in regards to cash assistance.
- Conduct capacity building sessions to project staff regarding to cash distribution principles
- Appropriate provision of cash assistance
- Developing of monthly cash distribution plan in accordance to project procurement plan and the cash flow.
- Contribute in selection of final Distribution points, enrol beneficiaries into projects, print cards and generate reports for cash transfer.
- Contribute in evaluation of bidders for the cash transfers; provide technical initiative ideas for the cash delivery considering the current context.
- Submission of monthly cash requests for project operations.
- Follow up, facilitate the payment of vendors with procurement, and finance departments.
- Ensure the cash distribution documents are accurate and avoid any mistakes.
- Ensure that all level of approvals are collected prior, during and after the cash distribution.
- Attend in Voucher and Cash Working Group’s (VCWG) meetings and assessments and represent WV.
- Oversee delivery of cash assistance and helping ensure the resolution of any problems
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Attend in the market assessments and provide technical support
- In coordination with the Project and M&E coordinators develop monitoring tools for the cash assistance component.
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to identify the beneficiaries’ needs, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s need.
- Conduct the implementation and monitoring of all activities, at field level, as laid out in the plan of action in regards to cash affairs.
- Analyse food security situation and prevailing trends and provide constructive written feedback
- Preparing weekly and monthly report.
- Together with the MEAL officer roll out routine post distribution monitoring
- Work with MEAL officer in collection of market monitoring data
- Participate during program assessments as may be determined by the project coordinator
- Documentation of best practices for learning purposes and increase program visibility
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of Herat IDP interventions.
Required Professional Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in cash assistance programs in particular with IDPs
- Experience in coordinating and reporting of cash assistance projects
- Experience in developing action plans
- Experience in documentation and reporting
- Experience working with community leaders (Community Based Structures)
- Experience in adult learning methodology and monitoring of training activities
- Results oriented and good team-player
- Good computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet use and Lotus Notes
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- At least Bachelor in accounting, management, marketing and /or social science with work experience is required
- Master in Economics, Project Management, Development or any other related field is preferred.
- Very good communication with communities and local authorities
. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience cash distribution programming.
- Humanitarian context experience:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision:
- Ability to work as part of a field team
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities
- Good command of English (written and verbal).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Able to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural context, stressful environments and with limited resources
- Proficient in local languages
- Cross cultural sensitivity, flexible views, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrable experience in child protection, child rights
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding of Child Protection and Gender issues
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
The position travels in IDP camps of Herat province
English Dari & Pashtu
The application closing date is 15-Jan-2022. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1308) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1308) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
( “For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.”
لطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بار ارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلودکنیم