|Date Posted:||Dec 13, 2021|
|Reference:||Consultant to Primary Health Care Directorate|
|Closing Date:||Dec 23, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health: Founded: The Ministry of Public Health is one of the Sectorial Ministry for the provision of balanced and quality health care services without any ethnic, racial, gender, religious or religious discrimination for all Afghans in terms of policies and strategies, sensible and practical. Primary Health Care Directorate has establish in 1395 under the overall management of General Directorate of Preventive Medicine and focussing on the provision of the quality primary health care services including Disability and Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Community Based Health Care Services (CBHC), Oral Health, Eye Care also promoting the other health care interventions. The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of Primary Health Care Director and will report him/her accordingly
Under the overall management and close coordination of Primary Health Care Director, Consultant to Primary Health Care Directorate, is responsible for providing technical support on planning, coordination, resource mobilization, organizing, directing and controlling all the resource of the relevant departments and services of the Primary Health Care, including personnel, financial, facilities, equipment and supplies. The consultant will produce guidelines, standards and quality assurance tools to provide quality primary health care services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide inputs to the strategic and operational planning processes.
2. Ensure inputs to primary health care annual budgets and developmental plans.
3. Contribute towards the resource mobilization within the govt and non govt sector for the primary health care related intervention.
4. Support to ensure that Family Health Houses are properly operating in the prioritized areas and work for the capacity building of the staff.
5. To ensure the sustainability of the program establish close contacts with the local agencies and donor.
6. To ensure the implementation of the supervision plan of the primary health care directorate and its relevant units working under its line of management.
7. Support the coordination mechanism among the primary health care units, GCMU and other stakeholders.
8. Support the development of the quality assurance tools for the primary health care services.
9. Provide input to monitoring and reporting processes including monitoring missions in cooperation with Provincial Public Health Directorates.
10. Lead the development of specialized guidelines, standards operational procedures and training curriculum for topics such as early detection, screening; cooperate with health promotion, General Directorate of Preventive Medicine, General Directorate of Curative Medicine within MOPH.
11. Support to strengthen the coordination of PHC at provincial level and provision of primary health care services at community levels.
12. Ensure inputs for EPHS and BPHS planning, TOR development and contracting processes as required.
13. Co-Chair the National Primary Health Care Taskforce, and other technical taskforce activities as required.
14. Attending meetings, writing reports and delivering presentations at national level conferences and workshops.
15. Support the system review and analysis, PHC system development (module development, PHC costing, coordination, data collection, monitoring and reporting including documentation).
16. Support the PHC in conducting meeting (events) and coordination within MoPH and other agencies,
17. Support the implementation of UNICEF related program with in the PHC and its sub-programs.
18. Setting up various committees and working groups
19. Handling communications and corporate affairs.
20. Performing other duties and responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the director/manager
21. Produce monthly and quarterly performance reports
- Bachelors/master’s degree from a recognized medical faculty/ Master Degree in Public Health will be preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in providing technical support to National Program (PHC related areas) and 2 year experience in provision of the Primary Health Care Services.
- Ability to lead a service
- Confidence in directing the work of the PHC team.
· Demonstrates critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Ability to accept and delegate responsibility, make sound judgments and accurately assess when to refer issues to the director.
· Good communicator and ability to work flexibly and well within a multi-professional team.
· Ability to function successfully under stress and to accept responsibility.
- Ability to influence the practice of others for the improvement of patient care.
- Manage own workload effectively while being flexible to new demands.
- Demonstrate a high level of oral and written communication.
Demonstrate effective computer skills, especially hands-on experience with database systems and MS Excel
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification