|Date Posted:||Dec 15, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 28, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 – 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF): Founded: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Review and correct the accountancy of the projects, providing feedback to the field finance staff. Ensure that the accounts (both hard and soft copies) are prepared in accordance with the financial protocols of MSF and prepare the project books to be integrated into the master by the Accounting Manager. Support the project accounting staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Process UniField peripheral accounting (project and capital) to check the quality of the accounting entries (allocation, description) and make the needed corrections, respecting the defined deadlines
– Verify that all vouchers are validated and conform to MSF requirements
– Verify that MSF financial protocols, procedures, and deadlines are respected in the field and in coordination
– Follow-up and matching of internal transfers and advances in the mission
– Validation and allocation of HQ invoices
– Encoding of simulations
– Inform the Accounting Manager of irregularities and non-conformities, and propose solutions
– Send timely and relevant feedback to the fields
– Under the responsibility of the Accounting Manager, analyze the problems of cashbox discrepancies in the projects and gives technical help to find solutions
– Conduct regular field visits to support the projects
– Back up for finance officers (both in the field and in the coordination) and cashier in the event of gaps
– Assist the Accounting Manager with the end of year closure and with any other ad-hoc task
– Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– University degree in Accounting or Finance essential
– Proficient user of Accounting software desirable
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
– Other experience in a similar position is desirable
– MSF experience is desirable
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
– English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH – DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE OF SOMETIMES WORK OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the Tuesday 28th December 2021 at 10 AM with the CV, motivation letter, including references details in a Single file (PDF or Msword) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kabul Base Coordination via mentioned email address. Only applications received by email will be treated.
The reference “Country Accountant” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.