|Date Posted:||Jan 13, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 22, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN: Turquoise Mountain is an INGO which was founded in 2006 and works in Afghanistan, Myanmar, and the Middle East to revive traditional skills to create jobs, skills and a renewed sense of pride and to support communities with health and education services. The charity has set up the Institute for Arts and Architecture in Kabul, the first internationally accredited vocational institution of its kind in Central Asia, training hundreds of artisans. The institute sits amongst over a hundred private houses and is surrounded by a community that is served by a clinic and primary school that were established as part of the regeneration of Murad Khani in Kabul’s old city. Turquoise Mountain recognizes the value in a holistic approach that integrates health, education, and livelihoods and which provides assistance not just to artisans but also to the wider community. Turquoise Mountain’s Ferozkoh Family Health Clinic (FFHC) has been a significant element in the restoration of Murad Khani in Kabul. FFHC is an urban clinic offering community-oriented primary health care and training in family medicine. It specializes in maternal-child health and community health outreach. Its’ mission is to develop a model of urban primary healthcare that is sustainable, affordable, accessible, continuous, comprehensive, and integrated with other health services in Kabul. We seek to establish the FFHC as a model family clinic and an example of best practice. To do this, we are looking for a highly qualified, experienced, committed, and visionary individual who is able to deliver on the requirements of this position and meet the minimum assessment criteria.
The Dental Assistant will be supporting dentist and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare examination room by sterilizing instruments and moving equipment into place
- Assist in updating and maintaining client’s dental records.
- Perform routine dental cleanings.
- Provide support to dentists as needed .
- Offer patients advice and necessary materials to maintain good dental health.
- Guide patients to the proper places (Laboratory, OPDs…, etc)
- Keep records of dental treatment.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Maintain sterile techniques, cleanliness and sanitation at all time
- Practice professionalism at all time
- Ensure good coordination and communication and team work.
- Prepare Alginate past trays
- Help in processing the X-ray
- Phlebotomy and recording the patient’s information for laboratory as needed.
- Perform any other tasks or duties assigned by the Dental doctor and FFHC clinic manager.
- Holding 14th Grade Degree, preference will be given to a people who also hold a stomatology and prosthetist degree.
- Three years of experience in dental or any other relevant field.
- Good relational and interpersonal skills
- A good disposition towards collaboration and teamwork
- Fluent in Afghan Local Languages and good in written and spoken of English.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: [email protected] by no later than 22 January 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “0122-03” only.
Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.