|Date Posted:||Jan 12, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 22, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Agency Staff|
About DAFA: Founded: Demining Agency for Afghanistan (DAFA) is one of the Humanitarian Mine Clearance Non-Government Organization (NGO) formed under the auspices of United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance to Afghanistan (UNOCHA) effort in June 1990. DAFA is a major and renowned implementing partner of the Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA) and delivers demining and risk education services across the country.
The Equality and Diversity Mainstreaming Officer (EDMO) will support the Units in DAFA HQ to ensure equality and diversity mainstreaming in the organization. The EDMO will ensure activities are corresponding with the gender policy, gender mainstreaming strategy, national mine action strategic plan (gender component) and further ensure IASC code 2A/2B is integrated into the project proposals and adhered to it during implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Equality and Diversity Mainstreaming Officer (EDMO) are as follows:
• Assist in the implementation of the MAPA Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming Strategy and monitoring mechanism towards the achievement of the strategy
• Assist DAFA with developing the gender mainstreaming action plan, and the coordination and monitoring of gender mainstreaming activities in DAFA.
• Provide technical assistance to DAFA in the planning and implementation of gender-related activities
• Participate in writing (gender component) and reviewing the mine action related project proposals from the gender perspective and advise DAFA on the incorporation of gender mainstreaming considerations/activities
• Review DAFA’s strategies, policies, standards operating procedures, plans, templates, training materials and other relevant documents to ensure they are gender-sensitive
• Establish or review DAFA’s policies and procedures to ensure that policy and process for the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) exists
• Prepare and deliver Gender and PSEA awareness training for the DAFA staff and deminers
• Take part in field missions (e.g., pre-assessment or monitoring) to identify gender needs and priorities, as well as to ensure that gender mainstreaming policies and guidelines are implemented, and projects are gender-sensitive
• Prepare highlight reports, periodic monitoring and progress reports
• Document best practices and lessons learned on the most effective ways to mainstream gender and share these lessons internally and the relevant stakeholders.
- At least first-level University degree – Bachelors or Equivalent
- Gender-related certificates or training is an advantage
- Experience in Mine Action is NOT mandatory, a comprehensive orientation will be provided after recruitment.
- Experience in gender-related activities will be desirable
- Experience in the review of project proposals from a gender perspective is desirable
- Experience in the advocacy for gender mainstreaming and/or gender equality is desirable
- Knowledge of MS Office software applications required
Facilities for Female Applicants:
- Convenient working station
- Maternity leave (as per the HR SWP)
- Coverage for Mahram (Chaperone) when on mission outside Kabul.
Please submit your CVs with a letter of motivation at [email protected] before the deadline 22 January 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed to the next stage.