|Date Posted:||Jan 8, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Food technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Gulzad Group: Gulzad Group seeks to hire an integer and professional food and safety officer (food technologist) to join its young and dynamic team. In this role, the primary responsibility of the food technologist is to ensure that food products are safe and meet specific standards and to develop and implement procedures aligned with the company’s standards for food quality and safety.
A role which comprehends aspects of food safety and quality systems implementation, risk mitigation activities, food research and development, and regulatory affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Collect and analyse data and prepare reports relating to food quality and safety, food incidents, supplier performance, to inform risk management and to contribute to food safety and quality activities of the company.
2. Prepare evidenced-based recommendations for management on control measures to mitigate food quality and safety issues.
3. Work in the development and implementation of key food safety and quality procedures for the company, such as food and packaging inspections, food compliance testing and others. Contribute to the development of appropriate risk management tools for new modalities of food purchase and distribution.
4. Prepare evidenced-based recommendations for management on tools to enable rapid response to situations with food safety concerns.
5. In the event of food safety or quality incidents, support investigation to enable lessons learned to be documented and shared, to reduce the re-occurrence of the incident.
6. Support project team on the food safety and quality aspects of food, ensuring compliance with Gulzad Group food and safety standards.
7. Work on the development and implementation of protocols and tools relating to food safety and quality topics, ensuring alignment with Gulzad Group procurement and supply chain strategy, policies, and plans.
8. Support the capacity building of Gulzad Group staff and partners around food safety and quality for safe, efficient, and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
9. Identify and build productive relationships with supply chain colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
10. Ensure that suppliers have the certification and documentation required by government regulations and the company and meet standards for sanitation.
11. Audit suppliers and manage internal audits
12. Adhere to federal compliance requirements
13. Prepare documentations, reports and presentations for higher management.
14. Sample product testing
15. Other assigned tasks
- Bachelor or higher degree in Food Technology, Food Safety, and Quality or other related fields.
- Min 3 years relevant and progressive professional experience in food technology, food quality, food safety, or any relevant field.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing procedures or tools related to food safety and quality or food research and development.
- Expertise in supply chain
- Experience in emergency responsive capacity is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High standards of cleanliness
- People and team working skills
- Problem solving skills
- Awareness of consumer/client market
- Analytical skills
To apply for this position Kindly send your CVs to below email: