|Date Posted:||Jan 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About World Vision International : Founded: World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
This position is based at community level and the main responsibility of this position is to ensure that all community level health activities are implemented as project plan.
S/he is responsible for facilitating, supporting, develop, and disseminate preventive behaviour, and daily Health education sessions in targeted project operation area in districts of Koshki-I-Rabat Sangy and Koshk-I-Kohna.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Planning & Coordination
- In collaboration with the health project supervisor, and Zonal Manager, introduce the program to the communities and health shoras. Provide orientation to the targeted community members of the project about the overall project design and methodologies.
- Coordinate with the health project supervisor in developing an activities plan for the entire project operation aria.
- Support community led awareness initiatives to address negative presumptions over c19 vaccination – campaigns involving targeted communities
- Conduct daily nutrition / health education session based on the identified health and nutrition issues
- Helping to raise public awareness on issues relevant to nutrition
- Take part in the project data collection process and preparing reports from community activities
- Field/ administrative duties or tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Establish solid relations with community leaders , shora member for gathering security information and be aware of challenges and changes in security and update the team of potential threats
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of Herat province interventions.
Required Professional Experience
- At least 2 years of experiences in related field duties.
- Experience in documentation and reporting
- Experience working with community leaders (Community Based Structures)
- Experience in adult learning methodology and monitoring of training activities
- Results oriented and good team-player
- Good computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet use and Lotus Notes.
.Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Having 12 years graduate essential.
- Very good communication with staff & clients.
. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Having health baground/degree preferred.
- Working experience with National / International NGO in the districts of Zindajan, Pashtun Zarghon and Obe.
- Basic knowledge of various technical sectors of humanitarian work.
- Must be competent in all training related activities, needs assessment, organizing, implementing, evaluating training
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and encourage learning.
- Cross cultural sensitivity, flexible views, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrable experience in child protection, child rights
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Understanding of Child Protection and Gender issues
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
The position will work in communities of Zindajan, Pashtun Zarghon and Obe districts of Herat. Province
- English Dari & Pashtu
The application closing date is 15-Jan-2022. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number ( WVA1313) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1313) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
( “For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.”
لطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بار ارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلودکنیم