|Date Posted:||Oct 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Oct 24, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology,Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 – 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company: Founded: Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
IT Support Engineer serves as experts in the products that their company manufactures and develops. They find solutions to problems with the products and help customers work through technical difficulties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and problems through to resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date skills for all end-users hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solution to resolver customer issues.
- Following standard procedure for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles.
- Installing and configuring computer systems.
- Diagnosing and solve hardware/software faults.
- Prioritizing and managing several open cases at one time;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Excellent telephone mannerisms. Some support will be provided over the phone.
- The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and help them solve it.
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the internet and should have a solid knowledge of internet protocols such as SSH, FTP, SFTP & http, as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as trace route, ping, and dig.
- Participation in providing training to customers as required
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in providing support, Maintenance and troubleshooting/ IT Helpdesk Support role.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
The interested candidates should submit their resume with recent photos by email to:
Kindly mention the position number (AWCC/HR/21/VA/173) in the subject line of your e-mail. Otherwise, your application will not be acceptable.
AWCC regrettably cannot respond to individual queries in relation to jobs or on the status of individual applications due to the high numbers of applicants. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.