|Date Posted:||Jan 2, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 6, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF): Founded: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Objectives of the Position
Ensure the enforcement of correct clinical management of paediatric cases in Paediatric and neonatal intensive care units, as well as for the treatment of malnutrition according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards (Protocol development, Coaching & training).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Tasks and Responsibilities
– Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat paediatric patients. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols
– Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
– Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
– Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
– Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
– Ensure on-going training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
– Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
Requirements and Competencies
– Medical Doctor Diploma essential
– Specialised diploma in Paediatrics preferable
– Other experience in a similar position essential
– MSF experience essential
– Pashto: oral and written essential Dari: oral and written is desirable English: oral and written is an Asset
– The staff will be under MSF contract and work according to roster on day/night shift (40H per week)
– The Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Thursday, 06th January 2022 at 03:00 pm with CV and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Helmand Project in a sealed envelope at Boost Hospital, main entrance, Application box. Or by email to: [email protected]
The reference MEDICAL DOCTOR (Paediatrician) must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contract.