|Date Posted:||Nov 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 13, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Management|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 – 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agha Khan Foundation: Founded: The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities. The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries. AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The MIS Officer will undertake high quality and responsive data and information management of the health & Nutrition and regular maintenance of the project management information system. The MIS officer will further support the regional M&E Sr officer to conduct regular field level and remote monitoring for project strengthening and accountability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. System/Resource Management:
Under the direct leadership of national M&E/MIS manager the MIS officer will be responsible to:
• Responsible to undertake any translation from Persian to English or English to Persian.
• Ensure routine performance data is collected regularly for all projects.
• Ensure that all standard Data Collection Tools (DCTs) are used for field data collection in an appropriate way and to a high quality.
• Responsible to conduct field level and remote monitoring at the provincial level in regular basis.
• Maintain the real-time Management Information System function at the provincial level.
• Conduct dissemination session to share the monitoring findings in wider platform at the organizational level.
• Ensure that filing system is developed in both soft and hard copies.
• Make sure that Data Quality Assurance checklist is available and used for Data Quality Assurance.
• Make sure that collected data is verified, accurate and further contributed to project progress report.
• In close coordination with M&E team, assess and cross match data for further quality checks of collected data.
• Provide regular feedback to regional staff based on the collected data and support the Knowledge Uptake and Learning agenda.
• Conduct field visits as necessary and as related to projects.
• Ensure data is analyzed to a high quality and shared back to regional staff.
• Responsible for comparing progress with the workplan targets and sharing relevant information with the related staff at the NPO and regional offices.
• Synthesize and analyse data for summary and thematic reports on monitoring findings with a close coordination of the national M&E staff.
• Make sure to have close coordination with regional M&E staff.
• Attend meetings, workshops, and conferences on behalf of health M&E staff as necessary related to the project.
4. Commitment to Child Safeguarding/ Child Protection
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children, vulnerable groups, disabled in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy and other relevant policies.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Overall Responsible for MIS management.
• Provide monthly reports and feedback to regional M&E team.
• Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
DECISION MAKING AND AUTHORITY
• Provide technical support to provincial M&E staff for quality-based data collection.
• Coordinate monitoring and evaluation visits at the provincial level with regional M&E officer.
• Provide monthly feedback on collected data.
• Provide Data Collection Tools (DCTs) for all projects on regular bases with close coordination of regional staff.
• University graduate in the fields of; Economics, computer science, BBA, English Literature, social science and LLB.
• At least 2 years of experience in Data management.
• Adaptable and professional attitude with excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Self-motivated, pro-active, efficient, reliable, and creative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with database management.
• Professions in translation oral and written.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Good oral and written skills in English.
• Experience working in tough environments with many contextual challenges.
• Promoting Organizational learning and knowledge sharing.
• Seeks feedback from others, shares his/her own knowledge with the team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative skills.
• Client Orientation: Increase clients trust, represents them in the organization and provides on time assistance and support to them.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 13th December 2021.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: Grade D based on NTA Salary scale.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.