|Date Posted:||Dec 21, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 26, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 – 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Operation Mercy Afghanistan:Operation Mercy is an international relief and development organization with over 20 years of experience. We are currently working in Central Asia, Middle East and North Africa by serving the poor and marginalized through community development and humanitarian aid projects.
Assist and supervise the direct implementation of nutrition program, which includes screening, clinical management of severe and moderate acute malnutrition (SAM and MAM), community mobilization and Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies (IYCF-E). Provide supervision and training to nutrition staff to ensure provision of an effective, quality nutrition program. The Nutrition Manager is also responsible to work with a team to write reports and maintain data records, ensure availability of adequate program supplies and monitor the overall health and nutrition situation of children under five years and pregnant and lactating women with acute malnutrition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Implement and strengthen Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) focusing on children under five years and pregnant lactating women to contribute to a reduction in under 5 mortality and strengthen communities to be better prepared for economic hardship and so prevent acute malnutrition.
- Nutrition Management
- Be responsible for the implementation, management and support of the IMAM programme.
- Conduct regular supervision in the nutrition clinic sites to support staff with on the job training and ensuring quality of service delivery.
- Provide training for local staff in line with the appropriate national and international guidelines.
- Supervise clinical management of medical complications of children with uncomplicated acute malnutrition and ensure appropriate referral of children with SAM with complications.
- Ensure appropriate behaviour change communication (BCC) messages on IYCF-E and WASH are given to all beneficiaries at nutrition sites and assist in development of BCC messages in the nutrition outreach programme.
- Support integration of nutrition services with available health and WASH (provided by other OpMercy teams)
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability.
- Ensure data is available and assessed for accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external requirements.
- Staff Management
- Assist in the recruitment of field staff within the intervention location following all HR policies of OpMercy and the local government.
- Line manage and oversee the nutrition staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, performance management, etc.
- Ensure the assigned nutrition team members receive relevant and appropriate supervision, mentoring and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Reflect the values of OpMercy with all staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Financial Management
- Work with the Finance Manager and Health and Nutrition Advisor to manage finances within the project.
- Ensure required paperwork for all finance transactions is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communication & Coordination
- Represent OpMercy at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Manager, providing all the necessary information, so that he is able to order and deliver the required nutrition supplies to the field location correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage all stocks within the field locations ensuring proper stock management systems are in place.
- Monitor nutrition stock expiration dates in the field locations where needed to ensure timely use or redistribution to other OpMercy programmes or other appropriate parties.
- Quality Management
- Implement relevant policies relating to nutrition service delivery including Sphere and HAP standards and the Afghanistan IMAM guidelines.
- Participate as requested in OpMercy internal workshops and distance learning sessions.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in Nutrition OR Nurse with bachelor’s degree OR Medical Doctor
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in IMAM programming
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team of staff
- Strong interest in building responsible citizenship in Afghanistan
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Experience with simplified protocols for management of MAM/SAM
- Experience in IMCI implementation
- Able to communicate well in Pashto and Dari
Interested Qualified Candidates should submit their applications via E-mail, indicating the Title & Vacancy number of the position (Nutrition Manager ( Urgent Recruitment)-OPM43-2021) to the below address.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for written test and interview