|Date Posted:||May 24, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||11|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 – 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan International School:Afghanistan International School (AIS), established in 2013, is the pioneer for international standards of School Education in Afghanistan. AIS uses a British curriculum and our students have significant achievements. Our utmost priority and most important concern are our students. Our academic and non-academic staff members function jointly as a unit. This team ensures that AIS students receive the highest standards of education, not just in the theoretical curriculum but also in the application of their knowledge into real life. We ensure that there always is a safe and welcoming environment to prepare them for the next stage of nation-building.AIS focuses on developing “extraordinary individuals who will shape the 21st Century” based on three pillars – Rigorous Curriculum, World-Class Teaching, and Cognitive Evaluations. To achieve this, we ensure that in AIS there is a perfect blend between experience and youth among teaching members. We also incorporate international personnel to provide students with an outlook that is global as well as local in essence. External forces compel us to evolve and expand on our pillars and to recommit to our students’ development of a global mindset.We design and provide experiences that enable our learners to become adaptable thinkers who demonstrate perseverance and resilience. We created and continually maintain an environment that provides ample opportunities for proper and frequent collaborative creativity and innovation, with complete freedom for students to open up their minds.Our thorough research of several world-class schooling systems led us to develop a balanced educational setup of developing character and improving the competence of our students. Our reputation has been built by the impact of our students on their families and socio-cultural values.We believe that every child deserves a high-quality education that shall provide an opportunity to become a complete human being who can positively contribute to society. We continuously add trained and qualified teaching staff members who ensure that AIS imparts expected knowledge, develops top‐notch skills, and trains students in a way that classes are atomically managed by creating a Student-Centered Learning (SCL) experience. We are committed not only to ensure our students’ success and excellence in disciplinary knowledge for academic pursuit but also to focusing on co‐curricular activities as part of global best practices.
Subject teachers: (Oxford general knowledge, Oxford Computer, Oxford Biology, Oxford Mathematics, French language, Quran Karim, and Sports)
Oxford subjects’ class teachers (Grade one –Grade six))
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To conduct assigned classes at the scheduled times
• To plan and prepare appropriately the assigned courses and lecture
• To have expert knowledge of the subject area
• To pursue relevant opportunities to grow professionally and keep up-to-date about the current knowledge and research in the subject area
• To demonstrate competence in classroom instruction
• To implement the designated curriculum completely and in due time
• To plan and implement effective classroom management practices
• To define and communicate learning expectations to students
• To assign reasonable assignments and homework to students
• To evaluate students’ performances in an objective, fair and timely manner
• To be punctual and be available in the school during official working hours
• To comply with policies, standards, rules, regulations, and procedures
• To prepare and maintain course files
• To model honesty, fairness, and ethical conduct
• To model a caring attitude and promote positive interpersonal relationships
• To model correct use of language, oral and written
• Bachelor or Master degree
• At least 4-5 years of relevant professional experience
• Experience working with international schools.
• Excellent MS word skills.
• Excellent MS PowerPoint skills.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Sharp time management skills
• Respect time and do all his work on time without delay
Language: Must be fluent in English, Pashtu, and Dari.
Interested candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to ([email protected]) no later than Sunday, 1 Jun, 2021
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention the (Position title and School subject you want to teach) in the subject line of your email. However, do not email us heavy-sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters, etc.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and called for the test and interview.