|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 7, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan: The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To provide coordination, administrative services, and research to support the efficient and effective procurement relating to cash-based transfers (CBT) interventions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities relating to cash-based transfers (CBT) interventions, following standard processes, and contributing to the effective procurement relating to cash-based transfers (CBT) interventions.
2. Identify and recommend potential suppliers (including Financial Service Providers and retailers/wholesalers) and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers (including Financial Service Providers and retailers/wholesalers), ensuring standard processes are followed.
3. Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, to support the procurement relating to cash-based transfers (CBT) interventions, at lowest cost to WFP.
4. Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers (including Financial Service Providers and retailers/wholesalers) on terms and conditions of contracts, alongside a senior officer, to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
5. Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase relating to cash-based transfers (CBT) interventions.
6. Resolve issues related to procurement for cash-based transfers (CBT) interventions, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
7. Research, collect and analyze data to produce reports to enable informed decisionmaking by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
8. Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
9. Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs relating to cash-based transfers (CBT) interventions.
10. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
11. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food, cash-based transfers (CBT) solutions and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Preferably a University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance and related training. Minimum requirement is completion of secondary school education coupled with relevant experience.
Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in procurement, supply chain, or logistics and Demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g., cash based, in-kind donations). Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with financial service providers, retailers, wholesalers and traders. Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and linkages with other operations (e.g., logistics, programme).
Knowledge & Skills:
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Fluency in oral and written local languages is desirable.
Please copy and paste the below link into the browser to access the VA.