|Date Posted:||Dec 27, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||28|
|Functional Area:||Business Development and Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 – 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Relief : Founded: Afghan Relief is an NGO working with all national and international donors in Afghanistan.
Apprenticeship program as livelihood humanitarian activity is designed to help Afghans to gain work experience, so that they are better able to compete for job openings in the mainstream economy. It is planned that several thousand apprentices will be placed with employers in course of next year, to ultimately support them to get full time jobs or to become self-employed.
The Provincial Apprenticeship Coordinator (PAC) will work under the supervision and in coordination with a Regional Apprenticeship Coordinator in one or more provincial population centers determined by the livelihood project. The Provincial Apprenticeship Coordinator will report to a Regional Apprenticeship Coordinator (RAC).
It is foreseen Provincial Apprenticeship Coordinator to be responsible for implementation of apprenticeship programs in his geographical area, including:
1. Collecting and processing documentation for apprenticeships,
2. Establishing and nurturing relationships with employers and relevant stakeholders,
3. Identifying opportunities for work experience placements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. In close coordination and with input from the Regional Apprenticeship Coordinator (RAC), carry out provincial level apprenticeship program activities. Follow apprenticeship program activity procedures, including collecting applications/information from applicants, entering data into databases, collecting and processing apprentice timesheets, and collecting feedback and information from employers.
2. Conduct outreach to, identification and selection of businesses to host apprentices in the province. Collect information on apprenticeship and job openings from employers in the province and record it in the database.
3. Conduct outreach to, recruitment and placement of apprentices. Ensure apprentices are properly screened.
Coordinate closely with the M&E specialist to monitor programs. Provincial Apprenticeship coordinator is expected to report to the Regional Coordinator at least once per month.
· Desirable 3 to 5 years’ experience implementing professional development, training, or community outreach programs.
· Previous experience with international organizations, humanitarian organizations or donor-funded programs, preferred.
· Familiarity with provincial and local businesses and employers, ability to conduct professional outreach to and engage with Afghan businesses is essential.
· Familiarity with apprenticeship, and on-the-job training programs.
· Well organized and capable of carrying out administrative tasks including data entry.
· Strong communication skills, ability to engage with program participants effectively.
· Fluency (written and spoken) in Dari or Pashto, depending on location, plus conversational ability/familiarity with the other local language.
· Proficient in the use of smartphone or Android tablet, and good with data entry.
· Must be able to travel throughout the province(s) in geographical region of work.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Jawzjan, Faryab, Herat, Badghis, Farah, Ghor
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you are a good fit for the position. Please mention the title of the position and the province you are applying for (PROVINCIAL APPRENTICESHIP COORDINATOR) in the subject line of your e-mail. We encourage you to apply very soon as we review resumes and conduct interviews on daily basis. Afghan Relief is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age and nationality.