|Date Posted:||Jan 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Functional Area:||Social activities|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About World Vision International : Founded: World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
The purpose of this position is to support the implementation of child protection activities at community level as well as to assist in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of the community protection activities in selected areas of Herat province. He/she is mainly responsible to deliver the project interventions to the field level. The position holder is also responsible for; identifying the child protection needs in target communities, establishing relationships with community local government and leaders, mobilize and sensitize the communities, ensure the delivery of project inputs, disseminate the protection messages, contribute in identification of protection cases, conduct registration of complaints, ensure proper implementation of Psycho Social Support (PSS) activities and follow-up with the community volunteers on the action points agreed in protecting children and follow up with beneficiaries doing home visits to ensure children are protected
Duties & Responsibilities:
Community engagement & Coordination
- Assist in sensitisation of local government structures, communities and traditional authorities on the targeting criteria and identification and registration of the beneficiaries for the delivery of project inputs.
- Organise for inception and community sensitisation meetings
- Conducting home visits for the vulnerable households maltreating the children
- Helping community volunteers in identifying the child protection risks and enabling them with the prevention and response tools
- Participate in weekly/monthly zonal meetings
- Raise awareness on the use of community feedback mechanisms.
- Facilitating coordination with authorities for all activities (share information, assist as needed)
Timely delivery of child protection activities
- Developing monthly detailed program activity implementation plans for the interventions; Assist in the registration of target families, ensuring that the data is collected and is recorded appropriately
- Implementing PSS activities for the affected children in daily basis
- Conducting protection awareness raising and messaging for affected beneficiaries
- Assisting the vulnerable children to receiving individual consoling
- Training of staff and key stakeholders on child protection, safeguarding and PSS
- Assisting with the group-based psychosocial support sessions
- Monitoring and home visits to the at risk families
- Active participation in the child protection capacity building trainings
- Disseminate the protection IEC materials in the communities
- Holding community awareness sessions on protection and safeguarding
- With guidance from Health Sector Lead, ensure that COVID-19 prevention guidelines followed in all activities implemented under the project
- Provide emotional support, information, activities with children and caregivers and other direct assistance, as appropriate and needed, during home visits.
- Identifying the at risk children and timely referral to the service providers
- Sharing the success stories for the changes brought by the project in the community
- Preparing weekly and monthly report
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In coordination with the Child Protection Officer and M&E Advisor develop monitoring tools and assess participant knowledge/skills before and after the awareness are delivered
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to identify the beneficiaries’ needs, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s need
- Conduct the implementation and monitoring of all activities, at field level, as laid out in the plan of action
- Participate during program assessments as may be determined by the project manager
- Documentation of best practices for learning purposes and increase program visibility
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of Herat urban and rural intervention
Required Professional Experience
- At least 3 years of experiences at field level in particular working under child protection programs
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization
- Experience in documentation and reporting
- Experience working with community leaders (Community Based Structures)
- Experience in adult learning methodology and monitoring of training activities
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelors in social studies, psychology, protection, education or law:
- Very good communication with communities and local authorities.
- Results oriented and good team-player
- Good computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet use and Lotus Notes..
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience in psychosocial support and child friendly activities
- Humanitarian context experience:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision:
- Ability to work as part of a field team
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities
- Good command of English (written and verbal).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Able to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural context, stressful environments and with limited resources
- Proficient in local languages
- Cross cultural sensitivity, flexible views, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrable experience in child protection, child rights
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding of Child Protection and Gender issues
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
This position requires daily traveling (Koshke Kohna and Robat Sangi) districts of Herat province
- Dari/Pashtu and English are preferred
The application closing date is 15-Jan-2022. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1306) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1306) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
( “For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.”
لطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بار ارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلودکنیم.