|Date Posted:||May 22, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jun 3, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||20|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW): Founded: About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Sustainable Reform & Technical Assistance Project (SRTAP):Governmental office The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, and Culverts in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in (MoPW) the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from the development Budget for the Ministry of Public Works (MoPW).
The MoPW is looking for an experienced quantity surveyor who will be responsible for analyzing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and preparing quantity estimates, negotiating with MoPW project contractors, as well as building relationships with colleagues and site managers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities
• Witness or conduct a range of survey operations including recording and verification to facilitate design and construction works with accuracy and on schedule.
• Use a range of survey equipment to record baseline survey data or verify actual survey data using GPS survey and conventional survey methods. Process GPS survey data for analysis using relevant softwares for highway design verification and various stages of construction operations.
• Witness and verify baseline surveys setting out surveys control points cross-section surveys profiles levels natural ground surveys surface evenness surface regularity volume/ quantity surveys data collection studies investigations traffic surveys pre-construction and post-construction surveys at all stages for road pavement structures and all associated elements and prepare formatted reports.
• Prompt verification of survey data set out profiles cross-sections quantities etc. for approval of road structures and other related construction in stages of progression before being covered by the next layer/ stages of works and formally record the results in RFIs and necessary reports/ documents
• Conduct/ verify surveys in order to establish construction limits or legal boundaries of the project Road and components based on legal documents/ design documents. Facilitate Land Acquisition Team by identifying and marking the property boundaries and construction limits based on Contract documents
• Record and (or) verify the results of surveys including the shape contour location elevation and dimensions of the project’s area and features. Establish or verify control points/ benchmarks for use in survey mapping engineering design and construction.
• Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using Total station level machines and satellite-based global positioning systems as applicable.
• Review of Consultant’s and the Contractor’s submittals with respect to all the data charts plots maps records and documents related to surveys.
• Recording / verifying site measurements and making comparisons with contract drawings BOQ and baseline Quantities. Conduct scrutiny and evaluation of the Contractor’s and sub Consultant’s Interim and final payment application to facilitate certification of payments for works completed.
• Review and update the status of contractual requirements such as bond guarantees insurances etc. and Keep track of requirements and provisions of indemnities insurance guarantees warranties liquidated damages etc.
• Review and evaluation of contractors’ monthly interim payments for the completed work at sites
• Prepare estimate and evaluation of contractors’ actual completed work at the site.
• Monitoring variations preparing cost estimates and updating forecast contract sum.
• Developing value engineering process as alternatives where necessary.
• Review and evaluation of contractors’ claim and variations prepare and (or) review analysis of rate valuation of works based on acceptable methods
• Daily monitoring of contractor progress including materials delivered materials installed materials dredged labor resources employed equipment resources utilized and other statistical management.
• Attending progress meetings and providing necessary data/information with respect to field and Quantity Surveying issues.
• Taking off Quantities by using civil 3D /AutoCAD drawings and classification of the quantities with respect to work items.
• Review of pre contracts documents i.e. Bills of Quantities conditions of contracts drawings and specifications etc. submitted by project design consultants for the proposed Ring Road Project.
• Assisting in preparation of monthly financial reports financial projections and any other relevant reports in conjunction with the Project Controls Manager and Chief Resident Engineer.
• Promptly discuss with supervisor and draft appropriate notices on time with respect to changes or Manager and coordination with projects stakeholders as necessary.
• Monitoring quantity and apply cost control measures in collaboration with the Project Controls Manager and coordination with projects stakeholders as necessary.
• Recording and bookkeeping of Employer’s resources and routine update of maintenance status.
• Survey through water bodies rivers hills fields and urban/built-up areas in order to secure/ verify data for the construction of highways bridges cross drainage structures and other project-related components.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all staff and work collaboratively to facilitate other team members on the efficient discharge of field and quantity survey-related responsibilities.
• Understand and follow verbal and written directions adhere to schedules and timelines maintain quality of works documents and records.
• Adhere to Project Quality Management System in conjunction with Project Quality representative.
• Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the Project Management.
Qualification: Education Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 7 years of experience and Master degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years in Field and Quantity Survey on major road projects
• Professional specialization or training in field and survey methods and practices relevant to highway design and construction preferred
• Knowledge of survey principals survey methods and latest survey instruments in use
• Working knowledge and experience in survey methods and practices related to highway design and construction
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Hands-on experience in field survey and quantity survey relevant to highway projects
• Experience in using a range of survey equipment to record or verify survey data including GPS survey and conventional survey methods in use on highway projects
• Experience in the use and processing of GPS-related survey data for analysis using relevant software and use in highway design and various stages of construction operations.
• Experience conducting survey operations for recording verification and analysis of survey data set out profiles cross-sections quantities etc. for road structures and other related constructions in stages of progression and drafting maps and drawings.
• Experience in using softwares for survey data verification and utilization in highway design and construction including but not limited to AutoCAD Civil 3D etc.
• Measurement of works verification of quantities analysis of rates extracting quantities from drawings maps and survey data verification of payment applications preparation of variation statements estimates of quantities record-keeping filing electronic document filing and retrieval.
• Computer skills and good knowledge in MS Office (Word Excel PowerPoint) and a variety of contemporary office equipment related to the profession.
• Worked with project teams under minimum supervision in coordination with survey and inspection teams working in office and field and counterpart personnel.
• Good analytical ability problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrate initiative operate proactively be team player safety conscious and quality-oriented.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications, detailed CV and other required documents to [email protected] indicate the vacancy number (MoPW/SRTAP/PMD/1400-50) and the post title (Quantity Surveyor) in the subject line when applying by email to the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) at Kabul, Afghanistan.
Address: SRTAP Office, Railway Building, Kabul-Jalalabad Rd., opposite KMTC, MoPW, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.