|Date Posted:||Dec 16, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 26, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About United Nations-World Food Programme (UN-WFP): The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2016, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans through various programme activities such as general distributions (food, and/or cash and voucher as the transfer modality); nutrition programmes, through targeted supplementary feeding; school take-home rations; food for assets creation, Purchase for Progress (P4P), training and capacity development activities. For more information, see wfp.org
To support telecommunications services in order to facilitate efficient implementation of security processes and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with WFP Security staff and/or UNDSS Radio Room, to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures.
2. Responsible for monitoring and channelling all radio communications including tracking of WFP vehicle and staff movement, to ensure efficient 24-hour coverage of telecommunications services.
3. Produce regular and ad hoc reports including daily radio checks, and assist in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incidents and other information to staff, to facilitate accurate, efficient and concise communication and information flow.
4. Provide efficient support and training to users on telecommunications equipment and procedures including Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) requirements, to ensure effective use of telecommunications equipment.
5. Maintain inventory and provide recommendations for potential improvements, to support efficient planning and keep WFP telecommunications equipment operational.
6. Create and maintain databases (e.g. lists of call signs, addresses, telephone numbers, wardens, etc.), to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
7. Follow established emergency response processes and procedures, to ensure prompt assistance in case of emergencies.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Technical training in communication equipment or other work related areas.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications/radio operations, information technology, or other relevant field of work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good knowledge in the telecommunication operations and procedures and high standard computer literacy.
• Ability to operate and maintain telecommunications equipment including installation works.
• Good communication skills; ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task, and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements.
• Ability to prioritize a heavy workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and emotional stability, especially in emergency situations.
• Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies and resolve operational issues promptly.
• High sense of discretion and integrity.
• Client orientation and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and in Dari and/or Pashto;
Please copy then paste the below link into internet browser in order to access the vacancy.