|Date Posted:||May 23, 2021|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About SNaPP2-MAIL: Founded: Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains. General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces. Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The Admin Assistant is responsible for the organization and coordinating office operations of Administration and Financial Nature in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. He/she will directly report to Operation Officer and work under overall supervision of Administration Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize all records of CLAP & SNaPP-2.
- Liaison Finance related activities with Mastofiat and maintain financial records in close coordination with operation officer.
- Assist operation officer in the distribution of operational expenditures and its related maintenance there-after.
- Monitor supplies and needs of CLAP & SNaPP-2.
- Typing and copying letters, notes and other forms of communication in Dari/English as needed.
- Send/deliver letters of CLAP and SNaPP-2 to MAIL Directorates or provincial directors.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages.
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies.
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues.
- Perform receptionist duties when needed.
- Collect, sort and distribute correspondence, reports and other material.
- Set up, classify and maintain proper filling.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Bachelor degree in Business administration, economics and or Public Administration with 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrates attention to details, good organizational and planning skills.
- Has good problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of English written and verbal, fluent in Dari/Pashto.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office and Power Point).
- Good understanding of office administration.
- The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter.
- Put (Admin Assistant-056 /SNaPP-2/MAIL)” in the subject line otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
- Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test.