|Date Posted:||May 23, 2021|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About SNaPP2-MAIL: Founded: Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains. General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces. Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The Operation Officer works under the direct supervision of Senior Finance Manager and Finance Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Operation Officer will be responsible to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
1. Provide support to Finance
- Manage petty all finances of the provincial office. This includes petty cash as well as cash transferred to the contractors through Mastofiat.
- Prepare various financial statement and financial report on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Coordinate and ensure that salary allotments and payments required of provincial staff are processed on time and as per the set timelines and procedures.
- Provide support for maintaining a transparent and accurate data and cooperate with visiting audit in this regards.
- Ensure that the government financial management procedure and norms are fully followed in all phases of program;
- Assist and ensure that the process of allocating petty cash and its liquidation are done per existing procedure;
2. Provide support to Administration:
- Assist the SNaPP2 staff in day-to-day administrative tasks
- Assist the SNaPP2 Provincial Office in maintaining an overview of HR issues such as attendance and delivery of staff timesheets on time.
- To assist the SNaPP2 in maintaining effective admin support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of office, supervising drivers and office cleaners and guards
- Should know and be familiar with basic IT
1. Procurement and Logistics:
- Analyze the purchase request from the user departments and determine the appropriate method of procurement, quotation, tender and requisition letters. Provide assistance to user departments, when required, in the preparation of specifications, etc.
- Collaborate with project staff, vendors, and technical experts in preparing specifications for quotations, tenders, and requisition letters in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate the preparation of the procurement documents, utilizing sound sustainable procurement practices, while adhering to govt. policies and donor requirement.
- Schedule, organize and facilitate Job-Site and/or Pre-Bid meetings related to quotations, tenders and proposals
- Monitor contracts and vendor performance and consult with vendors and/or user departments to implement corrective action when required.
- Contribute to the development and formulation of purchasing procedures and practices as required.
- Participate in specialized projects and assignments related to procurement, as required.
- Assist in the annual physical inventory process, as required.
- Keep proper inventory of all fixed assets
- Ensure that assets are properly given to staff and that these assets are properly managed
- Ensure that vehicles and other office utilities like generators are properly managed and maintained.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferably in finance and/or any other related discipline is required. Masters Degree in any of the mentioned disciplines would be given preference.
- At least 5 years of progressive professional experience as an Operation Officer and/or other senior Operation Officer.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Good Communication
- Experience in finance
- Did works in projects
- Administrative skills
- Past management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in English and local (Pashto and Dari) languages.
- The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter
- Put “Operation Officer 039/ MAIL/SNaPP2)” in the subject line otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
- Candidate’s educational degree must be attested by Ministry of Higher Education – Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
- Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test.