|Date Posted:||Apr 5, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Apr 16, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health: Founded: The Afghanistan health system has made considerable progress and the health indicators have also significantly improved over the period of 2003-2017. The key enablers for the improvements have seen in the health sector are strong local stewardship, development of sound and stable policy frameworks, prioritization of investments in primary care and implementation of BPHS and EPHS. The BPHS and EPHS have been implemented through NGOs in 31 and the MoPH Strengthening Mechanism in remaining 3 provinces. Sehatmandi project mainly finances the BPHS and EPHS implementation across the country for 3 years – July 01, 2018 to June 30, 2021. In order to manage the health program effectively, the project finances the system development and stewardship functions of the MoPH though support of short-term technical assistance and supports the contractual staff required for implementation of project activities.
The Senior Advisor and Head of SM position will ensure BPHS and EPHS policies implemented in SM provinces – Kapisa, Panjshir and Parwan.
This position will report technically on day to day activities to his direct line manager/supervisor. However, contractually, the consultant is accountable to Sehatmandi Coordination Office and will report project related activities/deliverables to Sehatmandi coordination Office on regular basis.
To ensure BPHS and EPHS policies implementation in targeted areas through a well-designed and on time plan, support and strength via regular supervision and sound control, and coordinating projects related issues to improve health status and mitigate estimated risks during period of contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for providing technical and management support for implementation of BPHS and EPHS in the SM provinces;
· Follow all task related to the MoPH-SM to ensure that the health services are delivered based on MoPH policy, and maintain quality of services;
· Coordinate matter technical and financial issues between government and the NGO who is responsible for management of SM provinces
· Liaise MoPH-SM in GCMU
· Maintain administrative process to ensure that all the procedures and documentation relating to the SM management contract and other contracts under Sehatmandi project SM provinces are effectively managed;
· Review Technical Quarterly Reports of SM provinces submitting by provincial technical team and the NGO who is responsible for management of SM provinces and provide necessary feedback;
· Assist SM provinces on all health matters including but not limited to; improving quality of health care services, efficient use of resources, improve patient satisfaction;
· Ensure that all medical and non-medical supply are provided to the health facilities;
· Assist Provincial Public Health Department (PHD) staff in carrying out systematic and supportive supervision of health service delivery;
· To undertake at least one field missions per month to related provinces;
· Primary responsible to follow up on the project success in reaching performance targets as stipulated in the contract;
· Ensure overall effective and timely completion and implementation contract in mechanism in three SM provinces;
· Strategically align and ensure that all health activities in the SM provinces are in line with the overall health sector goals and strategies;
· Ensure key program activities and milestones are on course to achieve results;
· Assess and formulate recommendations on measures for efficiency gain and performance improvement toward achieving desired outcomes;
· Maintain the coordination at the implementation level with the national and international stakeholders.
· Coordinate SM technical and supportive issues within MoPH General Directorates and departments for better implementation of the project.
· Submit a one-page monthly report to Sehatmandi Coordination office about project related work and deliverables
Any other tasks and duties assigned to him/her by his/her supervisor
· Graduate from a Medical University. Candidates having postgraduate study will be preferred.
· At least 7 years working experience in management of Health Service at the management level with the government or UN agencies or NGOs or donor agencies and at least 7 years coordinator in national level or UN agencies.
· Have excellent computer and good internet knowledge
· Excellent command of English and local languages and strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills Good team player.
· SM project internal and external liaison enhanced.
· Conducted at least once per month field visit of BPHS/ EPHS of the SM projects
· Timely completion of the management contract in SM provinces
· Oversee that all medical and non-medical supply to the related health facilities provided on quarterly basis
· Monthly activities report submitted to Sehatmandi Coordination office on a regular basis
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.