|Date Posted:||Dec 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan: The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food-insecure Afghans, including women and children, and families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In the approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition Programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems.The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
This job is based in Afghanistan Country Office and report to a more senior Supply Chain Officer receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed which is essential to facilitate learning self-development and possible assumption of expanded responsibilities. Job holders at this grade level are typically “contributors” and work closely with a more experienced professional staff member. They carry out analytical work and come up with recommendations on supply chain related matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support with the monitoring and management of the Afghanistan downstream pipeline to maximize operational effectiveness and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools.
• Supports with the strategic visibility on prioritized operations to supply chain management, anticipating and flagging potential issues to be mitigated or addressed.
• Performs what-if scenario analyses to support the resolution of ad-hoc issues affecting supply chains.
• Supports strategic and tactical planning analyses to structurally improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations at country level and through corridors.
• Supports to promote best practices in supply chain planning and identify further opportunities to improve or streamline processes, tools, and systems.
• Coordinates closely with relevant functional areas across Country Offices, Regional Bureau, and HQ to obtain inputs required for operational analyses and ensure a 360 view.
• Builds capacity of field staff on supply chain pipeline tools and processes.
• Supports conceptual and quantitative analyses of prioritized supply chain improvement projects.
• Supports with the development of different SOPs and tracking tools for managing pipeline and supply chain to ensure optimizing the operation ensure timely delivery of food assistance and overcome SC challenges.
• Provides SC information on stocks and resources required through dashboards and SC tools.
• Any other duties, as required.
- Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Transport Economics, Logistics, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience in food pipeline management is required.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency in oral and written local languages (Pashto & Dari) is desirable.
Please copy and paste the below link into the web browser in order to apply for the position.