|Date Posted:||May 20, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jun 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW): Founded: The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the various transportation infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and its relevant drainage and retaining/protection structures in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from the development Budget for the Ministry of Public Work (MoPW)
Scope of Work/Job Summary:
MPW is looking to recruit a vulnerability and emergency control specialist to assist with extensive experience in this capacity the candidate is responsible to stabilize vulnerable point in the country and cooperate with the control department and obtaining reports of vulnerable areas to carry out activities from provincial operational management departments and also the candidate must have familiarity with the GIS software have through understanding of GIS software where he/she is responsible for building and maintaining GIS databases and utilizing the GIS software. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the international and local design and construction codes/regulations/standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analysis and figures of accurate information with the department specialist in a timely manner and its presentation on maps to the relevant department for regular and effective reporting analysis.
• Geographic quality control and rad engineering and ensuring their timely and correct transfer to the relevant database system.
• Preparation of reports of relevant activities in accordance with work endurance to submit to the director of research and studies.
• Monitoring g of programs and necessary measures to stabilize vulnerable areas in all provinces in close cooperation with the latter units and national and international organizations.
• Daily check the updated database and information archive and inserted reports.
• Creating a database and GIS information archive and inserting all reports and figures prepared from vulnerable areas in it for timely maintenance and use in preventive programs.
• Planning and arranging annual, quarterly, and monthly work plans in accordance with the general plan to achieve the strategic goals of the department.
• Provide effective suggestions to improve better the situation of risks and vulnerabilities in various relevant areas to the responsible manager.
• Submit annual quarterly and monthly reports to the relevant department when necessary, to achieve the strategic goals of the department.
• Assist the Project Team to develop a methodology for data collection;
• Review existing databases related to Vulnerable areas in Afghanistan and conduct a gap analysis;
• Digitizing of specific points, locations using google maps, Topo sheets (scale maps), one-inch maps, and any other sources including satellite images;
• Develop base maps that can be used at the MPW level to locate points and locations.
• Assist in the provision of long-term goals for the MPW on road safety and disaster management.
• Assist in establishing a proper and strategic structure for the MPW for the implementation of road safety.
• Perform other duties related to the task assigned to him/her by the relevant authorities in accordance with the rules, regulations, and objectives of the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering, and or any other similar discipline; preference is given to masters in similar filed.
• Having 4 years of experience in the transportation engineering field or related.
• Able to travel to remote areas all over Afghanistan, collect required data, and work as part of a team.
• Physical fitness and able to travel and complete inspection procedure.
Skills & Competencies:
• Having extensive knowledge in disaster risk reduction emergencies, the environment, and disaster risk meteorological disaster and disaster response.
• Having extensive knowledge of hazards and disasters risk reduction and Vulnerability in disasters, natural and man-made disasters, earthquakes floods drought, landslide, land subsidence, cyclones, volcanoes, tsunami, avalanches, and global climate extremes.
• Basic knowledge of the standard practice of road engineering;
• Proven organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Fluency in one of the official languages of the country (Dari and Pashto) and familiarity (writing and speaking) in the English language.
• Good computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheets, database, and computer-aided management in GIS, Ms. Office, and other related software to the job.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
• Leadership: Establish and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support.
• Communication: very good communication skills both written and spoken, including the ability to communicate effectively and prepare a variety of written documents, contracts, reports, etc. in a clear, concise style.
• Technology awareness: good computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, and computer-aided management.
• Respect doe diversity: works effectively with people from all background
• CV with an application form for the relevant positions;
• Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera) or Passport copy;
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract
• Copy of other documents seems to be necessary.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to [email protected] kindly indicate the vacancy number (MOPW/SRTAP/1400-48) and the post title (Vulnerability and Emergency Control Specialist) in the subject line when applying by email to the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Office Add: SRTAP Office, Kabul Jalalabad Road, In front of KMTC, Ministry of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified